Barcelona teenager Ansu Fati is not contemplating leaving
the Spanish giants in the off-season, despite strong interest from Manchester
United, according to reports.
Fati scored his fifth goal of the season on Tuesday night as
Barca beat Leganes to maintain their lead at the top of La Liga.
Reports recently suggested that the Red Devils had a £135 million
bid rejected for the 17-year-old, having previously failed with a £90 million
It’s been suggested that the Catalan giants demand Fati’s
£151 million release clause be paid in full if they are to let their top
starlet leave this summer.
But Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, as cited by the Daily
Star, claims Fati is focused on La Liga and the Champions League. Adding that
he is not even contemplating leaving Barca.
It is reported that the left-winger will soon sign his first
professional contract, with the new deal set to have a mammoth release clause
of £360 million.
Talking about Fati’s future, Barcelona director Xavier
Vilajoana recently said: “For us, there’s no story with Ansu, we have
never spoken about selling him.
“We won’t use players from the academy to make cash.
“In principle, we have no intention of selling the
players we believe will make the first team.”
Barcelona boss Quique Setien, meanwhile, admitted that Fati
needs to be more consistent – if he is to start regularly for the club.
Setien said: “We opted for Ansu because he had sessions
that looked good to him, he has overcome some inconvenience from weeks ago.
“He has done a good job, not only for the goal, in
attack and defence.
“It is true that he still lacks things and greater
“He has been very good, and we did not want to put him
more at risk because he had some discomfort at the break, and we have to make
sure that he does not go for more and take care of him.”
– TEAMtalk media